Friday, June 29, 2012

San Diego

We made it! One whole year! Look at us go!
          And no.... there are no babies on the way thank you very much.

For our anniversary we went to San Diego for a week. We drove down and stayed with Eric's Uncle Todd in Mesquite and drove into San Diego the next day. Right about when we hit California the traffic stopped.  We were stopped for about 45 minutes.  We had no idea what was going on, but people were getting out of their cars to try and figure out why we suddenly stopped.  When we finally got to continue on our way we saw the crash.  A car had rolled on the side of the road.

This was the best picture I could get at the moment.  The rolled car is on the right hand. It was pretty bad. 



We went to La Jolla Cove.

It was beautiful!

There were sea lions just sun bathing and hanging out.


Yea, we know. We're good looking and all that.


We went for a little walk around the cove.  I miss the ocean!
 After our little beach day we went searching for some yummy fish tacos.  My mouth is watering still thinking about the fish tacos we had everyday we were there.  
The next day we went to the Kobe Swap Meet.  We got some new tee shirts there for $5 each so that was pretty nice. Then we went to the San Diego Zoo.  That zoo is so big! We were exhausted and took the guided bus around so we could make sure to see everything.  We were pretty bummed because the larger cat were all just lazy and hiding from us, but we did see some pretty cool animals.

Here's Eric, talking on the phone like usual.

Just being tender.


Monkey monkey

Enjoying our one of three days of sun.

Lions, they are huge!



On Sunday we got to spend the day with Eric's Uncle Phil and Aunt Diane, along with his cousins Charlie, Allie, Chris, Heather, and all their kids.  Eric's Uncle Phil thought Eric just made me up so it was nice to prove to him that I really do exist. The next day we went to one of my favorite parts... SEA WORLD!



We were on the sky ride deal and it was COLD!

I loved all the shows! Those animals are amazing! Watching whales do flips and trainers ride on dolphins. My favorite part of the whole thing was watching Eric smile like a little kid because he loved it all! 

Our last day there we spent in Coronado.  It was cold and gloomy, but we sat and watched the waves for hours.  It was great! We loved just relaxing by the beach.
He's real attractive....

We are real good at normal picture faces. I don't know if you can tell... but it was not sunny, warm California.
 




We ended our trip with a stop at the San Diego Temple.  We did a session there.  We did a session there and the spirit and the temple beauty itself were both amazing!


So that was the extent of our trip.  It was so great and refreshing! 

I am so lucky Eric and I are married.  He is such an amazing man! With all the stress of dental school he still find time to be there for me.  He still makes me laugh and makes me smile.  I know this part is gross and cheesy, but I love him. I am very blessed to have him in my life.

3 comments:

  1. Happy Anniversary! Looks like a way fun trip!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like cheesy things...hearing you love your husband is a very, very good thing. Too many people don't. :)

    You're an adorable couple and I'm so happy you made it to the one year mark! It's a big milestone. And there's no reason to rush the babies...PLENTY of time for that later!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i am a little sad i didnt get a shout out in this post!

    ReplyDelete